Scope and Purpose:
BSGI bursaries are normally considered from trainees, nurses, midwives and allied health professionals who are paid members of the Society. However, the committee will consider all applications that are submitted and will make a final decision as soon as possible. The bursary will only be forwarded to the applicant after the event and upon production of the appropriate documentation. The Society reserves the right to refuse an application.
Bursaries will be considered for the following purposes:
- Attendance at BSGI annual scientific meetings to cover part of the registration fees, and preference will be given to applicants who have an oral or poster presentation at the meeting. There are three bursaries a year for this purpose.
- Travel bursaries are available to contribute to the costs of travel and accommodation to ultrasound centres of excellence in pursuit of continued professional development. There is one bursary a year for this purpose. Its total value is limited and may vary from time to time.
- Trainees, nurses, midwives and allied health professionals who are paid members of the Society.
- Medical students with an interest in obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound and who undertake ultrasound related projects.
- Applications from non-members will also be considered to encourage applicants to join the Society. Priority will be given to Society members.
Applications must be submitted using the Society’s application form and sent prior to the event as the number of available bursaries is limited. The application rounds deadlines are:
- 31st January (Attendance at the Annual Scientific Meeting)
- 31st May (Travel bursary)
- 30th September (Travel and attendance at the Annual Scientific Meeting)
Please download the form from this link, complete and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the form is incomplete it will not be considered. Applications will be considered by the Executive Committee and applicants will be informed soon after, the decision of the Committee is final.