By ticking the Communications Policy box, you consent to British Society of Gynaecological Imaging (BSGI) processing your personal data for marketing purposes in the manner outlined below.
Your personal data:
- will be processed for the following purposes:
a) for future communication regarding membership matters, updates regarding the Society’s meetings and activities as well as other relevant professional meetings by email, post or phone.
b) analysing the Society’s membership trends and insights
c) responding and dealing with your query or request (if relevant)
- may include: your name (including name prefix or title); gender; professional qualifications; professional registration; home or work address; telephone number; present grade; employer; location of place of work; clinical and research interests; membership and committees of other Society’s; email address and any other information provided by you.
- will be processed until such time you confirm to us that you no longer wish us to provide you with marketing updates
- may be transferred to entities within BSGI and to countries outside the European Economic Area. The countries to which we transfer personal data may not have data protection laws that provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data, but we take steps to ensure that third parties and members of the BSGI to whom we transfer data in those countries nevertheless commit to ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data
- may be disclosed:
a) to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information
b) to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you
c) to BSGI management and personnel
d) to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants or marketing consultants)
e) to our associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected
f) with companies sponsoring any event you register for
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide our services or products to you. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
You have the right:
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, to the extent it is processed on the basis of your consent (as set out above);
- to request information regarding the processing of your personal data, including to be provided with a copy of your personal data; to withdraw or amend your consent to our Communications Policy please contact us by email at email@example.com
Policy updated April 2018